It's 2018, which means people are setting their New Years resolutions and chanting the mantra "New Year New Me". I on the other hand have a different take on the turn of the calendar.
I don't want to be a new me, I want to improve myself to become a better version of myself. A 2.0 version of myself if you will. I also don't believe in setting resolutions at the start of the year only to fail 2 months into the year and then feel like you have to wait until the beginning of next year to start back up again. I believe that any day is a good day to start a new habit and take the first step towards achieving your goals.
I will admit, the new year does feel like a clean slate. I have a quote said by Ryan Serhant from Million Dollar Listing NYC that will work as my theme for this year and I have some goals that surround said theme. This quote really resonated with me the first time I heard it.
Expansion. Always in All Ways.
I want this in both my professional life and my blog, but also my personal life. There's always something that you can do or learn to grow.
- Hit 1k followers on Instagram. At the time that I'm writing this, I have almost 780 followers so I think that this is a doable goal.
- Share more experiences. I do a good job with sharing my life and experiences on Instagram, but I want to do more of that here on the blog, where I can show you cool places In Chicago to eat, drink, shop, etc.
- Write more fashion posts. I had started this blog to talk about fashion. It has grown to be much more than what I had started out to to do, but I still haven't written about fashion yet, even though that's something that I'm passionate about. Which brings me to my next goal:
- Buy a tripod. I do not have the luxury of an Instagram/blogger boyfriend, fiancé or husband, so I need to get a tripod so I can take fashion pics on location.
- Join more Pinterest groups. Pinterest is key to growing your blog, as it's a great driver of traffic. I'm in 2 right now, but I want to join more and also use Pinterest more for my blog and my business.
- Lose 15-20 pounds. Yes I know that everyone and their mother starts going to the gym on New Years Day. My sister's wedding is in June and I want to be in shape when I look back at those photos 20 years later.
- Travel more and farther. I've done a little bit of traveling here and there this year, but it's only been to places either in Illinois, Wisconsin or Michigan. I feel like I dipped my toe in the water, and now I want to travel to the East and West Coast. Los Angeles, NYC, San Francisco, Miami, I want to see it all.
- Clear up my skin. For me, I don't get a ton of acne, I have bigger issues with hyperpigmentation and dark spots. This year I really want to work on my skin and clearing up the acne and dark spots so I don't have to apply as much foundation/concealer, thus saving me $$.
- Do a clothing audit. I've been meaning to go through my clothes for the longest time, but somehow I haven't gotten around to it. I want to go through my closet and take every single clothing item and ask myself if I'm REALLY going to wear it and if I love the piece. If not, I need to either donate it, sell it or trash it. I want to wear pieces that I love and that I will wear over and over again.
- Listen to podcasts. I've never really been a podcast type of person. I've usually just listened to music. Recently I've discovered some podcasts that are super interesting, one that is more for business (The Influencer Podcast) and one that's for fun (S-Town). I want to listen to more podcasts this year, as well as do more self-development reading.
Follow me on this adventure as I strive toward accomplishing my goals!