A Year In Review.
I can't believe that 2017 is coming to a close. It's been a crazy year filled with big changes. If you would have told me how the year has gone, in the beginning of the year, I would have said that you were crazy.
Top Five Highlights
1. Going to Saugatuck, Michigan with my sister and one of her best friends.
2. Moving into my apartment in Chicago.
3. Reconnecting with an old childhood friend and our friendship has grown so much deeper because of it.
4. Going to Kalamazoo and reconnecting with old friends.
5. Starting my blog on during Thanksgiving Break.
1. I relaunced my blog during the Thanksgiving Holiday! My blog started at the end of 2016, but was dormant for most of 2017. I started writing in November, and it has been the best decision that I've ever made.
2. I revamped the layout of the blog and i'm so happy with how it turned out. It really reflects the clean and minimal aesthetic that I love.
3. I also reached a follower milestone over the year – over 700 on Instagram!
A Few Personal Goals
1. I moved out of my parent's house to move to the Windy City. This was a big change and something that was overdue.
2. I stood up for myself. I've toughened up this year, and I'm a lot stronger than I sometimes give myself credit for. I’m a lot more feisty these days, and I definitely drew the line in the sand more than once this year! Yay for being an independent woman!
In 2017 I Discovered…
1. Rooftop Bars. Amazing place to sit and sip on wine or cocktails during the summer time, with the Chicago skyline in front of me.
2. Ice Skating. I went ice skating for the first time at the end of this year and I really enjoyed it, even though if you saw me on the ice, you would have thought differently. I won’t be a pro anytime soon, but I’m definitely down to try it again.
3. New Cuisines. I've tried more unique cuisines in the months that I've been in Chicago than I ever have before I moved out.
4. Purity Ring. I found them later in the year and somehow they became part of my top 3 songs played in 2017! You can check out my post about the 2017 Spotify Playlist.
Thank you so much for all your support this year, it really has been fun.
And with that, I’d like to know… what would you like to see more of in 2018? Beauty? Fashion? Food? Travel? Anything else? Let me know!
Tumpale from The Third Frank, xoxo